Tuesday, February 03, 2009

td and me

by the way, "up all night" meant actually meant i was outside, as that was where the banjo was, and i was staying in a dorm with a bunch of backpackers who i thought shouldn´t have to suffer though me getting up every 10 minutes. this in spite of the fact that many of them had no problem coming back drunk at 2 am and having long converstions in swedish at my expense.

the next morning i set off to find my own precious room with bathroom. crazy fever started, so i popped the cipro, and various other drugs i had left over from india. by the evening all was well. cipro is a wonderful thing. unfortunately there was some sort of creature living in my bed who dined on one of my ankles while i slept, leaving me pock marked and itchy. and the place looked so much cleaner than average. you never really know.

i have yet to find rhyme nor reason behind TD in general. i ate dinner with a canadian couple--we all the same food exactly. one of them fell victim that night. on my turn i had schnizel with the french chef i had befriended. deep fried, well cooked meat--doesn´t get much safer than that--and only i got sick.

my ailment d´jour is a rather loathsome fungus. i will leave it at that. this would be my third full blown malady of the trip thus far.

0 comments: